Wellness care is key to keeping your pets healthy. Dogs and cats age 7 years to every 1 of ours! Annual physical exams (or even bi-annual for senior pets), are critical to catch signs of illness as early as possible. To reward pet owners for bringing their pets in for annual wellness visits we are offering a Free Vaccines for Life program.
Here are the details:
- Your pet will receive free core vaccines for their entire lifetime as long as they are presented at least once per year for their annual wellness examination by a veterinarian at Gem City Veterinary Services. You will be responsible for the physical examination fee for each exam at the time of each visit. For pets with a history of vaccine reaction, you will be required to pay for the pre-vaccine medications, if necessary.
- Sick pet exams (exams addressing an illness, ailment, or injury) are not wellness exams. The dedicated wellness exam once a year allows the doctor to focus on the important wellness needs of your pet. While we require once a year exams for this program, we may recommend that some pets, including those over the age of 7 be seen every six months.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable enrollment fee per pet, to start the program. You may enroll as many pets as you’d like, but the program is not transferrable to any other client, or pet.
- The enrollment fee is $75.00 per pet. Enrollment fees are offered at this price for a limited time.
- Return at least once per year for your pet’s annual wellness exam by any veterinarian at Gem City Veterinary Services, and any core vaccination he or she is due for will be given free of charge, and non-core vaccinations will be given at 10% off. You will be responsible for any wellness, illness, or technician examination at your pet’s visits.
- Vaccinations cost between $15 and $20 per vaccine, so you will save significantly over the life of your pet!
- The program covers only the fee for your dog and cat vaccines, and only those vaccines listed below. Any special order vaccines are not included. Fees for all other services and products including heartworm testing, intestinal parasite testing/prevention, leukemia/FIV testing, physical examinations by doctors or technicians, medications, flea treatments, heartworm prevention, and/or other treatments/products are not covered and will be need to be paid for at the time of services.
- Not all pets are due for every vaccine annually. The veterinarian will determine which vaccines your pet needs each year, and will evaluate your pet’s needs on a case-by-case basis.
o Canine vaccines covered: Rabies, Distemper, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus
o Feline vaccines covered: Rabies, Rhinotracheitis, Calici, Panleukopenia
- A 10% discount will be applied to Canine Bordetella, Canine Leptospirosis, and Feline Leukemia vaccinations.